Last updated: 02 October 2023
This Website (The TRUST Code. globalcodeofconduct.org) is owned and registered by
Professor Doris Schroeder
henceforth Us, who is also responsible for processing data on this Website.
The TRUST project leading to the TRUST Code received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 664771. However, this Website reflects the views only of the authors and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
We maintain this Website to enhance public access to information. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to Our attention, We will try to correct them. However, We accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
This information is:
- Of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity.
- Not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate, or up to date.
- Sometimes linked to external sites over which We have no control and for which We assume no responsibility.
- Not professional or legal advice (if You need specific advice, You should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Reuse of text information is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged. For some content provided on this Website, the general principle of reuse can be subject to conditions which may be specified in individual copyright notices. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. Particularly images and graphics can be subject to copyright and other legal protection.
Personal data protection
Types of data collected
Among the types of personal data that this application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: cookies and usage data. Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or, in case of usage data, collected automatically when using this Website. Users are responsible for any third-party personal data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the data to the Website owner.
The use of collected data
Data concerning You is collected to allow Us to provide the Website’s services, as well as for the following purposes:
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms: This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Website. The interaction and information obtained through this Website are always subject to Your privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when You do not use it.
- Displaying content from external services: This type of service allows You to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Website and interact with them. This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when You do not use it.
- Concretely, personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Contact Form: We collect name, email and comments when You complete Our contact form and use this to be able to respond to You.
- Google reCAPTCHA (Google Inc.): Google reCAPTCHA is a service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Website to check whether data entered on this Website (such as on a contact form) has been entered by a human or by an automated program. Place of processing: US.
The basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR, which allows the processing of data to fulfill a contract or for measures preliminary to a contract.
All processing activities shall be based on the following principles:
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Retained only for as long as necessary.
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Processed securely, in an appropriate manner to maintain security.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
Moreover, We will only use collected data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data were collected, as set out above.
Website statistics and system logs
How do We treat e-mails You send us?
When using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, Your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If the management team of the mailbox is unable to answer Your question, it will forward Your email to another project partner.
If You have any questions about the processing of Your email and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in Your message. You may use above email address also for all enquirise related to the processing of Your personal data.
How does the contact form work?
Should You send Us questions via the contact form, We will collect the data entered on the form, including the contact details You provide, to answer Your question and for any follow-up questions. We do not share this information without Your permission. We will, therefore, process any data You enter onto the contact form only with Your consent. You may revoke Your consent at any time. An informal email to email@example.com making this request is sufficient. The data processed before We receive Your request may still be legally processed.
We will retain the data You provide on the contact form until You request its deletion, revoke Your consent for its storage, or the purpose for its storage no longer pertains (e.g. after fulfilling Your request). Any mandatory statutory provisions, especially those regarding mandatory data retention periods, remain unaffected by this provision.
This Policy governs all pages of this Website, globalcodeofconduct.org . It does not apply to pages hosted by other organisations. This Website may be linked to the websites of such other parties, but those other sites may have their own privacy policies which apply to them.
The most current official version of Our Policy is published on this Website, which is regularly updated to reflect the new requirements laid down in the GDPR. If You have any comments or questions about this policy, feel free to contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All those in scope of the Policy are responsible for adhering to the requirements of this Policy and provide periodic reporting to Us on its compliance with this Policy.